Toowoomba Visitor Information
Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
Toowoomba is a regional city located in the Darling Downs region of Queensland, Australia. It is known for its beautiful parks, gardens, and architecture.
Getting to Toowoomba
Toowoomba is located around 125km west of Brisbane, which is the closest major airport. There is also a small airport in Toowoomba that is serviced by flights from Sydney, Melbourne, and Cairns.
Things to do in Toowoomba
- Visit Queens Park - a beautiful park located in the heart of Toowoomba that features stunning gardens, an off-leash dog park, and playgrounds.
- Explore Laurel Bank Park - another stunning park in Toowoomba that features elegant gardens, a scented garden, and a avenue of mature trees.
- Take a walk through the Japanese Garden - a serene garden that features a traditional Japanese tea house, koi pond, and bamboo grove.
- Visit the Cobb & Co Museum - a museum that showcases the history of the Australian transport industry, which includes horse-drawn vehicles, carriages, and vintage cars.
- Explore the Toowoomba Carnival of Flowers - a 10-day event that occurs every September that celebrates the arrival of spring with floral displays, live music, and events.
Where to stay in Toowoomba
Toowoomba has a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets, including hotels, motels, B&Bs, and holiday apartments.
Where to eat in Toowoomba
Toowoomba has a range of restaurants, cafes, and pubs that serve up delicious meals. Some popular spots include Mosaic on Ruthven, Sofra Turkish Cuisine, and The Finch.
Weather in Toowoomba
Toowoomba has a humid subtropical climate with warm summers and cool winters. The average temperature in summer is around 26°C, while in winter it is around 11°C.
Toowoomba is a beautiful city that is worth visiting for its stunning parks, gardens, and architecture. It is easily accessible from Brisbane and has a range of accommodation and dining options to suit all tastes and budgets.